Despite last year’s lack-luster winter, we received a record number of submissions from the snow and ice management industry for this year’s Top 100 list.
Here’s a little background on how Snow Magazine conducted the process of collecting the 2016 Top 100 data.
This year, as early as mid-March, notices began going out to last year’s Top 100 companies to begin compiling their total winter revenue and to head to our online form to submit their numbers. At the same time, we broadcast to the rest of the snow and ice management community to total and submit their winter revenue figures. At the time, companies had the option of requesting a follow-up inquiry to check if the winter revenue figures had changed following initial submission.
This process remained open until July 4. At the conclusion of the submission process the numbers were confirmed, tallied and ranked. And like in past years, those companies reporting identical revenue figures shared the higher ranking.
Top 100 companies were honored during a special awards dinner at this year's Executive Summit, held in early August in Fort Myers, Fla. Those individuals present at the ceremony were recognized with a plaque.
CLICK HERE to see the 2016 Snow Magazine Top 100 list.
– Mike Zawacki, Snow Magazine editor
Latest from Snow Magazine
- NOTEBOOK: Go With The Flow
- NOTEBOOK: Winter Equipment Offers the RoadMAXX System
- NOTEBOOK: Yanmar Unveils Compact Loader Lineup
- NOTEBOOK: Schill Expands in Southwest Ohio
- October Cover Story: Achieving Wet Pavement
- August 2022 Cover Story: Beat The Odds
- May 2022 Cover Story: Bullish on Snow & Ice
- 2022 Top 100