At this week's virtual NTEA Work Truck Show, Buyers Products, unveiled a 10-1/2 foot V-plow designed for very heavy-duty use.
Engineered as a response to increasing market demand for large V-plows, the SnowDogg VXXII plow mounts to Class 4-6 trucks, with wings that ascend from 35 inches in the middle to 45 inches on either end.
The SnowDogg VXXII went through over two years of rigorous testing and design, before being released. The SnowDogg team, including a host of engineers, product managers and manufacturing staff, worked directly with some of the country’s largest snow and ice contractors to refine every detail.
“It took us several tries to really nail the design,” says Scott Moorman, Buyers Products' Director of Snow and Ice Equipment. “Each iteration got closer and closer, but we weren’t going to settle for anything less than perfection. The feedback from the field testers was an integral, invaluable piece of this process. After all, who knows what a plow needs better than the people out there using it every day?”
Here are some of the VXXII's highlights:
- 10-1/2 ft wing span makes quick work of large lots
- Genuine 304 stainless steel wings rise from 35 in. in the middle to 45 in. on either end;
- Robust frame designed to handle large amounts of heavy, wet snow;
- RapidLink Attachment System makes mounting and removal easy;
- Floating A-frame allows the plow to follow the contours of the road for a clean scrape regardless of terrain or mounting height;
- Aggressive, flared wings and a robust frame is designed to absorb heavy impacts.
The SnowDogg VXXII will be available for the 2021 winter season. According to Buyers, its distributors and dealers can order the new plow during Buyers Products’ preseason order period later this spring.
Mike Zawacki is editor of Snow Magazine