A group of nearly 40 snow and ice management contractors and industry representatives traveled to Washington DC Sept. 11 and 12 to take part in 2017 Legislative Day.
After spending the previous day getting briefed by Matt Fullenbaum, director of legislation, American Tort Reform Association, who shared his experiences and insights, the group converged on Capitol Hill Sept. 12 to meet with their respective elected representatives. The goal was to educate senators on the importance of supporting the Lawsuit Abuse Reduction Act (LARA) when it comes up for vote in the Senate, as well as other business issues vital to the snow and ice management industry.
Senate Bill 237 — aimed at reducing frivolous lawsuits — passed the House this spring and needs to get through the Senate.
Explore the September 2017 Issue
Check out more from this issue and find you next story to read.
Latest from Snow Magazine
- NOTEBOOK: Go With The Flow
- NOTEBOOK: Winter Equipment Offers the RoadMAXX System
- NOTEBOOK: Yanmar Unveils Compact Loader Lineup
- NOTEBOOK: Schill Expands in Southwest Ohio
- October Cover Story: Achieving Wet Pavement
- August 2022 Cover Story: Beat The Odds
- May 2022 Cover Story: Bullish on Snow & Ice
- 2022 Top 100