Our friends at Western recently have introduced new snow fighting equipment for 2021 designed specifically for off-road vehicles and compact equipment. This new equipment includes a mid-duty straight-blade plow, a pair of drop spreaders and is really geared for clearing sidewalks and walkways. These new products come at a time when snow contractors are in desperate need of winter workers, especially sidewalk crews. Perhaps this is a mechanical option where one operator can do the work of many shovelers?
Here's some more details on Western's new products.
IMPACT Mid-Duty UTV Straight Blade Snowplow
- Sized for mid-duty sport or recreational UTV
- 5'6" widths blade fit sidewalks and 6'blade is ideal for wider areas/driveways. Both feature a a standard 5" steel cutting edge
- High-strength components ensure commercial durability
- Blade is pre-punched for easy accessory installation and prevent damage to the powder coat finish
- Fully hydraulic blade controls allow the operator to make the necessary blade adjustments quickly from inside the cab for fast and efficient winter cleanup
- Lightweight quick attachment system
- Two heavy-duty coil springs protect the plow and UTV by allowing the whole blade to trip when striking obstacles
- Plow control is IP66-rated against moisture and offers hand-held or dash-mounted operation for added versatility. Also features large, durable switches which are easy to use, even with heavy gloves on
Drop 250 & 600 Stainless Steel 36" Drop Spreaders
- The Drop 250 and Drop 600 drop spreaders provide up to 36" of spread width in a drop pattern so the salt stays where the vehicle drives
- Treats surfaces with one or two passes, limits damage to the grass or sensitive surfaces right next to the path. The spread width can be limited to 30" by activating 3" baffles on either side of the trough.
- Entire trough drops open for easy and fast material clean-out
- Three standard mounting systems can fit on most UTVs, compact tractors, or wheel loaders
- Stainless steel hatch screen break up de-icing material to prevent bridging and clogs during operation
- Hinged bag splitter pulls up to open bagged rock salt for easy loading
- Molded, plastic “visor” attaches to the top of the UTV spreader control to protect it from rain or snow
- Functional and practical, the control cup holder mount secures the plow controls or a smartphone on a flexible gooseneck mount for customizable positioning. Fits firmly into most size cup holders in your vehicle.
In addition, Western has introduced a set of all-weather storage containers. Designed to fit a contractor's diverse storage needs. Western's full line of durable, weather-resistant polyethylene storage containers are available in 3, 6, 12, and 18 cu ft sizes.